Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Power of Words

Words - we use them constantly and most of the time we don't think about them; we don't think about the energy that goes into them; we don't think of them as a carrier wave of dreams. Words carry power. They can be blessings or the opposite.
Do you remember running around as a kid and saying - abracadabra? Abracadabra is a derivation that has been contorted over time and it originates from Hebrew "Evrah Kedabri" (אברא כדברי), I will create as I speak. What did you create as a child? What are you creating as an adult? Are you putting blessings around yourself and on others? Are you singing and bringing joy? Or not so?
Walk in Beauty is a Navajo prayer that I would like to share with you:


The Navajo Beauty Way Ceremony
In beauty may I walk
All day long may I walk
Through the returning seasons may I walk
Beautifully I will possess again
Beautifully birds
Beautifully joyful birds
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk
With dew about my feet may I walk
With beauty may I walk
With beauty before me may I walk
With beauty behind me may I walk
With beauty above me may I walk
With beauty all around me may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, lively, may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, living again, may I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty


Anonymous (Navajo)

As a way of planting positive thoughts and experiences, the Navajo use this expression - May you walk in beauty. Do you have expressions that invoke beauty and light?
I create as I speak... I create a beautiful home for my family, friends and community. I create healing for all those in need. I create...
What are you creating?


May you walk in beauty.

2 comments:

  1. This was beautiful and a great reminder! Thank you for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it.
      May you walk in beauty.
      Love and light.

      Delete